Reporting to the Director of Finance & Strategic Initiatives, as an accredited Chartered Professional Accountant, the Finance Manager is responsible for all day-to-day financial management and accurate and timely reporting of financial position and performance as well as ensuring effective internal controls and documented procedures.
- Oversee and manage the operations and staff of the accounting and finance department.
- Review and prepare monthly financial statements.
- Work to ensure compliance with the Society Act and Registered Charity requirements, Public Sector Accounting Standards of Canada, and SFN (Stz’uminus First Nation) Policies.
- In conjunction with department managers, the monthly updating and maintenance of department forecasts and review for reasonableness.
- Monitor and implement effective internal controls.
- Ensure all regulatory reporting is accurate and completed on time.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and other documentation as required, both, internally and externally.
- Prepare the SFN annual budgets in conjunction with department managers and directors and reviews for reasonableness.
- Coordinate year-end audit documentation with the accounting team
- Review and sign-off on the accuracy of monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Review and sign-off on the accuracy of the monthly Accounts Receivable report and ensure timely and appropriate actions are taken for collection.
- Lead the update and maintenance of a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide financial support to management.
- Prepare and present ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
- Attend and participate in team meetings as needed.
- Provide supervision, guidance, and support to the finance department staff.
- Ensure that all transactions are processed.
- Create Word/Excel templates and data models as required.
- Work to improve and automate systems and processes as needed.
- Act as a back-up cheque signer as required.
- Participate in the recruiting and hiring of finance department staff.
- Assist in the delivery of emergency services for the Stz’uminus First Nation community as directed.
- Maintain superb ethics, honesty, and integrity while working in the best interest of the Stz’uminus First Nation.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation required
- Minimum 3 years’ solid experience in a Finance Manager role
- Advanced User in Microsoft Excel and excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with payroll practices, reports, and software
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and organized with effective time-management skills
- Proven skills managing and mentoring a core accounting team
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Human Resources Advisor
RE: Finance Manager
e-mail address: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday, October 18, 2019, at 4:00 pm