Primary School Custodian – Full Time
Stz’uminus First Nation Primary School is looking for a Custodian to fill a full time position (30 hours per week)
Position Summary: To ensure that the learning environment is sanitized, maintained and safe. Duties include daily cleaning inside and out, yard maintenance and general facility and equipment maintainance. Supervision duties required.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Follow and modify as needed weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual work schedules.
- Address specific daily, weekly and monthly maintainance requirements.
- Identify all specific long-term janitorial and maintenance tasks.
- Identify all cleaning equipment and supply needs and present them to the Supervisor.
- Supervise Part-Time Custodian.
- In addition, during Spring Break, a major clean-up needs to be completed – meet with the Principal to
create a checklist.
- During summer, an extensive clean-up needs to be completed – meet with the Principal prior to summer
holidays to outline a cleaning schedule.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
Experience with an auto-scrubber, power washer, carpet extractor Effective time management and good organizational skills.
- Takes initiative and works well independently and responsibly
Minimum Grade 12
Building Service Worker training or equivalent work experience.
WHIMIS Certificate and knowledge.
Criminal Record Check required.
First Aid Certificate.
Good physical health and wellness.
Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
2 to 3 years’ experience cleaning in a primary or elementary school/commercial environment an asset
Responsibilities may increase with the development and success of the program. Therefore, duties are not limited to the above.
The deadline for submissions is December 8, 2017. Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter in confidence
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.