Stz’uminus Community School is seeking a Science Teacher for Grades 4 – 12 Students.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Demonstrate successful teaching experience at the High School level;
• Coaching certification and recognition preferred;
• Have the ability to help students who have difficulty in Science.
• Have the proven ability to adapt to learning outcomes and instruction to meet the needs of all students;
• Have an understanding of First Nation culture and willing to learn and integrate Hul’qumi’num teachings into the curriculum;
• Have a strong commitment to building positive relationships with the community
• Have the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with staff in a team setting;
• Possess strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills;
• Possess strong organizational skills;
• Have the proven ability to meet the needs of diverse learners through the application of differentiated instruction;
Education and Qualifications:
• Hold a recognized Bachelor of Education Degree with a concentration in Science;
• Member in good standing with the Teacher’s Regulation Branch & Ministry of Education.
• Minimum three years experience with this age group preferred.
Application: Submit a resume, cover letter and the names of two (2) references to:
Human Resources Advisor Stz’uminus First Nation
12611-A Trans Canada Highway Ladysmith, BC V9G 1M5
Applicants are asked to apply based on the options above, phone calls will not be accepted.
Closing date for Applications: August 12, 2019 by 4:00 pm.
This position is open to all qualified applicants and only those shortlisted will be notified.