Language & Culture Assistant
Stz’uminus First Nation is looking for 1 Language and Culture Assistant. This worker will assist our Language Coordinator in coordinating and creating Hul’qumi’num’ resources into a language center for the use of Stz’uminus First Nation and the community at large.
Hours of Work: Days, evenings and some weekend schedules; based on 37.5 hours per week
SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong computer skills in all Microsoft office programs, Outlook Express, etc.
• Strong Research Skills
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including personal computer, photocopier, scanner and fax machine
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
• Professional personal presentation
• Performs other clerical duties as required;
• Ability to take direction well and demonstrate initiative
• Good verbal, written, and tele-communication skills
• Prioritizing skills in order to ensure that tasks/projects are completed as requested on a high-to-low priority basis
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Must be between the ages of 16 and 30
• Positive Role Model in the community;
• Social Insurance Number (SIN) Required
• Successfully pass a Criminal Record check
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Advisor
12611 – A Trans Canada Highway
Ladysmith BC V9G 1M5
Deadline for applications: Friday May 17, 2019 at 4:00 pm (PST)
Preference will be given to SFN members or community members who are able to meet the necessary application qualifications for the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.