Administrative Assistant Intern – Stz’uminus First Nation Administration Department — 16 Weeks —
Stz’uminus First Nation is providing an internship for 1 Administrative Assistant. The main role of the internship at the Administration Department is to provide assistance with organizing and contributing to a safe and efficient environment. The successful Intern will provide and facilitate polite, professional and effective communication for Administration and various Stakeholders.
Hours of Work: Days, evenings and some weekend schedules; based on 37.5 hours per week
SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong computer skills in all Microsoft office programs, Outlook Express, etc.
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including personal computer, photocopier, scanner and fax machine
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to maintain accurate record and filing
• Professional personal presentation
• Performs other clerical duties as required;
• Ability to take direction well and demonstrate initiative
• Good verbal, written, and tele-communication skills
• Prioritizing skills in order to ensure that tasks/projects are completed as requested on a high-to-low priority basis
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Was registered as a full-time VIU Student who attended the 2018-19 School Year and is returning in 2019-2020
• Positive community role model
• Must be organized, prepared, flexible, and punctual
• Some evening weekend work would be required
• Able to take direction and work as a team player
• Must complete a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment
• Social Insurance Number (SIN) Required
• Preference will be given to VIU BBA students
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Advisor
12611 – A Trans Canada Highway
Ladysmith BC V9G 1M5
Deadline for applications: Friday May 17, 2019 at 4:00 pm (PST)
Preference will be given to SFN members or community members who are able to meet the necessary application qualifications for the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.