Youth Centre Worker – Stz’uminus Community Centre
— 8 weeks —
Stz’uminus First Nation is looking for 1 Youth Centre Worker that will assist with the planning and operations of the Stz’uminus First Nation Community Centre. The worker will be actively involved in providing recreation and community programs to people of all ages and of varying interests.
Hours of Work: Days, evenings and some weekend schedules; based on 35 hours per week
SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Assist in the planning, organizing and implementing of the Community Centre programs;
• Assist in the development and delivery of (or arrange for delivery of) training programs based on the needs in the community;
• Ensure the community is informed of all upcoming initiatives at the Community Centre;
• Responsible for keeping the job board up to date including all upcoming employment and training opportunities;
• Supervision of the daily Summer Program and other program activities;
• Ensure that the physical environment is warm, safe and welcoming for the program participants;
• Maintain regular contact with parents to ensure that Staff/children/youth/parent interactions are supportive and create learning opportunities;
• Participate in organizing of group activities and assist in fundraising activities;
• Ensure all policies and procedures are followed;
• Performs other clerical duties as required;
• Must be between the ages of 15 and 30
• Experience working with children and youth;
• SIN (Social Insurance Number) Required
• Able to take direction and work as a team player
• This position involves weekends and flexible work hours for Community Centre functions;
• Actively participate in programs;
• Successfully pass a Criminal Record check.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Advisor
12611 – A Trans Canada Highway
Ladysmith BC V9G 1M5
Deadline for applications: Friday May 17, 2019 at 4:00 pm (PST)
Preferences will be given to SFN members or community members who are able to meet the necessary application qualifications for the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.