Summer Camp Leader – Stz’uminus Community Centre
Under the direction of the Stz’uminus First Nation Recreation Coordinator, the Summer Camp Leader will assist with the responsibility of planning and delivery of the summer program. They will provide supervision in the day-to- day activities for youth. The Summer Camp Leader will be responsible to ensure that (a) the physical environment is warm, safe, and welcoming and fun for the children and (b) ensure the activities are educational and recreational and offer cultural programming.
Hours of Work: Days, evenings and some weekend schedules; based on 30 hours per week
SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Highly motivated and physically active
• Must be organized, prepared, flexible, and punctual
• Some evening weekend work would be required
• Able to take direction and work as a team player
• Actively participate in all the events and programs (indoor and outdoor activities)
• Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
• Social Insurance Number (SIN) Required
• Positive community role model
• Must complete a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Advisor
12611 – A Trans Canada Highway
Ladysmith BC V9G 1M5
Deadline for applications: Friday May 17, 2019 at 4:00 pm (PST)
Preferences will be given to SFN members or community members who are able to meet the necessary application qualifications for the position. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.