STZ’UMINUS FIRST NATION
SFN Receptionist – Building B
8 weeks starting May 20, 2019
This position is responsible for assisting the Administration department and organizing and contributing to a safe and efficient environment.
The receptionist will provide and facilitate polite, professional and effective communication for the Administration department and various Stakeholders.
SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to take direction well and demonstrate initiative.
• Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Prioritizing skills in order to ensure that tasks/projects are completed as requested on a high-to-low priority basis.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including personal computer, photocopier, scanner and fax machine.
• Must be between the ages of 15 and 30
• Minor experience working as an Administrative Assistant / Receptionist and Clerical duties
• Knowledge of Word, Excel Spreadsheets, databases, and MS Office software.
• Knowledge of and willing to learn emergency response, occupational health and safety and emergency preparedness.
• Culturally competent; Stz’uminus culture and traditions.
• Must undergo a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment
• Social Insurance Number (SIN) required
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Advisor
12611-A Trans Canada Highway,
Ladysmith BC V9G 1M5
Deadline for applications: Thursday May 16th 2019 at 4:00 pm
Preference will be given to SFN members or community members who are able to meet the necessary application qualifications for the position. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.