Public Works Summer Workers – Stz’uminus Public Works Department
4 weeks starting August 6, 2019
Stz’uminus First Nation is looking for 2 Public Works Summer Workers that will assist with the planning and operations of the Stz’uminus First Nation. They will work collaboratively with our Public Works Department, Housing, and Fisheries, in daily operations, maintenance and a variety of programs.
Hours of Work: Days, evenings and some weekend schedules; based on 37.5 hours per week
SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Assist in the maintenance of outdoor spaces such as weeding, lawn cutting, painting, and landscaping;
• Assist with general repairs, and activities around the community with the housing department and public works;
• Ensure all policies and procedures are followed;
• Performs other clerical duties as required;
• Maintain the cleanliness of outdoor public spaces;
• Data entry and surveys with Fisheries department as needed;
• Must be between the ages of 15 and 30
• Positive Role Model in the community;
• Able to take direction and work as a team player;
• Successfully pass a Criminal Record check.
• First aid and additional training will be provided
• This position involves weekends and flexible work hours;
• Actively participate in programs.
• Be willing to work outside in varying weather conditions;
• Social Insurance Number (SIN) Required
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Advisor
12611 – A Trans Canada Highway
Ladysmith BC V9G 1M5
Deadline for applications: Friday May 17, 2019 at 4:00 pm (PST)
Preferences will be given to SFN members or community members who are able to meet the necessary application qualifications for the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please!