Nutsumaat Lelum Childcare Intern
Stz’uminus First Nation is seeking an Early Childhood Education and Care (ECE) student to work in our Child Care Programs.
SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Work within a team of educators to provide the best possible education and care experience in a stimulating Early Learning environment.
• Develop trusting relationships with children, families and fellow staff to promote parental involvement and participation.
• Provide curriculum based on Stz’uminus First Nation culture and willing to learn and implement the Hul’qumi’num language into childcare programs.
• Able to take direction and work as a team player;
• Successfully pass a Criminal Record check.
• VIU Student who attended the 2018 – 19 School Year and is returning in 2019-2020
• In an Early Childhood Education Program
• Must have valid ECEA Certificate
• First Aid Certificate
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Works well with others
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Advisor
12611 – A Trans Canada Highway
Ladysmith BC V9G 1M5
Deadline for applications: Friday May 17, 2019 at 4:00 pm (PST)
Preference will be given to SFN members or community members who are able to meet the necessary application qualifications for the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.