Stz’uminus Education is seeking- On-Call bus support worker
Job Posting for Bus Support Worker (On Call)
The Bus Support Worker assists the Driver in monitoring and supporting student passengers, and supporting school bus safety.
- Assist Driver with Student Safety, Behavior and Bus Logs.
- Ensure Primary students are ready to get off at their assigned bus stops.
- Enter drop off time at each bus stop in the Bus log.
- Help administer SFN Student Transportation Policy.
- Ensure students are seated properly.
- Communicate with parents at bus stops.
- Assist Driver with phone calls.
- Document student issues.
- Control activities to support safety of passengers and driver.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Grade 12
- Completion of Education Assistant and Community Support Certificate program or
equivalent is preferred.
- Must have one year experience working with and managing children in a program setting.
- Pass Criminal Record CheckApplication
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume on or before October 17, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Stz’uminus First Nation12611-A Trans Canada Hwy. Ladysmith, B.C., V9G 1M5 Email: email@example.com
No phone inquiries please.