The She’ ey’ tun Coordinator coordinates and provides child and family wellness services to the community as outlined in the Child and Family Protocol and Services Agreement between Stz’uminus First Nation and Kw’umut Lelum Child and Family Services.
A vital goal of the She’ ey’ tun Coordinator is to reduce the number of children coming into care by linking families to available resources, programs, and services and engaging and supporting Cultural Caregivers for those children who are unable to reside in their parental home.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Serves as the primary contact for Stz’uminus First Nation (SFN) and Kw’umut Lelum Child and Family Services (KL) to address issues regarding SFN children’s wellness and protection services.
- Knowledge of the Child, Family and Community Services Act
- Awareness of Aboriginal Child Welfare and DAA’s (Delegated Aboriginal Agencies)
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding client files
- Ready to take on a leadership role and to facilitate/supervise a team to provide useful and comprehensive family services
- Awareness of Stz’uminus First Nation culture and traditions
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable access to a vehicle
- Bachelor of Social Work or a related degree or certification with five years of experience working in the field.
- Program experience in a leadership role
- Child & Youth Care Certification with ten years of experience or a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree preferred
- Emergency First Aid Level I
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Social Worker or Family Support Child Youth Worker
- Criminal Record with vulnerable sector check.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via Canada Post, e-mail, or fax by the closing date of Wednesday, October 23, 2019, at 4:00 p.m. to the following:
Attention: Human Resources Advisor
12611-A Trans Canada Highway
Ladysmith, BC V9G 1M5
Please only forward submissions as requested above, phone calls will not be accepted.