1 Year Term Position
Stz’uminus First Nation, located just north of Ladysmith, BC is seeking a qualified and experienced Payroll Administrator.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Strategic Initiatives, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for planning, coordinating, the administration, and the production of the organization’s bi-weekly payroll for union and non-union employees.
- Responsible for full-cycle bi-weekly payroll for approximately 160 union and non-union employees.
- Ensure all related pay deadlines strictly adhered to.
- Employee Leave balances reporting.
- Process payroll and reconcile payroll accounts for the month-end. Also deal with direct deposits, payroll deductions, taxes, pension, and T4s.
- Process new hires, terminations, and respond to inquiries on benefits.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, HR, benefits administration, budget, and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Establish and maintain employee records, ensure employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis, review changes for proper authorization and adherence to policy.
- Respond promptly to payroll inquiries from employees and resolve all payroll issues.
- Benefits administration in a back-up capacity.
- Develop and implement updated payroll processes and systems.
- Document payroll processes.
- Other payroll related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Canadian Payroll Association Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certified with at least two years full cycle payroll or completion of Payroll Fundamentals 1 and Payroll Fundamentals 2 with a minimum of 3 years full cycle payroll.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Excel, proficiency with MS Word and Outlook.
- Experience working with ADP an asset.
- Working knowledge of applicable Labour code, health and safety legislation, related payroll regulations, e.g., ROEs, T4s, T2200, taxation.
- Excellent consultative, analytical and planning skills.
- Strong math skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle information with strict confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Experience with collective agreements in a unionized workplace an asset.
- Able and willing to contribute effectively in a team environment.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume by Tuesday, October 15, 2019, by e-mail to:
Human Resources Advisor, Stz’uminus First Nation