On-call Education Assistant
The Stz’uminus First Nation Education Department is seeking On-Call Education Assistants.
General Responsibilities include:
- Provide instruction, supervision, and educational services as assigned, and supply any extra-curricular services as required.
- Support the teaching of students at SFN education facilities.
- Follow the British Columbia Curriculum.
- Incorporate Hul’qumi’num as much as possible into the regular curriculum.
General Qualifications include:
- High School Diploma
- 2-year Diploma in a related or relevant educational field an asset
- Previous experience working in an educational setting
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- First Aid Level 1
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively within a team.
- Able to take direction and work independently
- Able to lead, motivate, encourage, and empower students.
- Be computer literate with exceptional knowledge of educational applications and functions.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Advisor
Stz’uminus First Nation
12611-A Trans Canada Hwy.
Ladysmith, B.C., V9G 1M5
No phone inquiries, please.
Application packages should be sent by e-mail. Application packages should include a cover letter and resume.
Applications accepted up until Thursday, October 17, 2019, at 4:00 pm (PST).