Reporting to the Director of Finance & Strategic Initiatives, as an accredited Chartered Professional Accountant, the Finance Manager is responsible for all day-to-day financial management and accurate and timely reporting of financial position and performance as well as ensuring effective internal controls and documented procedures.
- Oversee and manage the operations and staff of the accounting and finance department.
- Review and prepare monthly financial statements.
- Work to ensure compliance with the Society Act and Registered Charity requirements, Public Sector Accounting Standards of Canada, and Stz’uminus First Nation (SFN) Policies.
- In conjunction with department managers, the monthly updating and maintenance of department forecasts and review for reasonableness.
- Monitor and implement effective internal controls.
- Ensure all regulatory reporting is accurate and completed on time.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and other documentation as required, both internally and externally.
- Prepare the SFN annual budgets in conjunction with department managers and directors and review for reasonableness.
- Coordinate all required documents for the year-end audit with the accounting team.
- Review and sign-off on accuracy of the monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Review and sign-off on accuracy of the monthly Accounts Receivable report and ensure timely and appropriate actions are taken for collection.
- Lead the update and maintenance of a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide financial support to management.
- Prepare and present ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
- Attend and participate in team meetings as required.
- Provide supervision, guidance, and support to the finance department staff.
- Ensure all transactions are processed.
- Crete Word/Excel templates and data models as required.
- Work to improve and automate systems and processes as required.
- Act as a backup cheque signer as required
- Participate in the recruiting and hiring of finance department staff
- Other such related duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation required
- Minimum 3 years solid experience in a Finance Manager role
- Advanced User in MS Excel and excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with payroll practices, reports and software
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Self-direct and organized with effective time-management skills
- Proven skills managing and mentoring a core accounting team
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to the attention of Human Resources Advisor at: email@example.com
By closing date: Friday, September 13, 2019 at 4 pm.
Reference: Finance Manager in the Subject line of the email.
21 Aug 2010