Stz’uminus First Nation has a job opening for a full-time permanent Administrative Assistant for the front reception at the Administration Office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Greet all guests respectfully and professionally and refer them to the appropriate staff.
- Switchboard operations, including taking and relaying messages, answering caller questions or concerns.
- Photocopy and fax documents.
- Ensure effective internal and external communication.
- Deal with queries from guests or other staff.
- Provide knowledge of staff movements in and out of the facility.
- General administrative and clerical support.
- Prepare a monthly newsletter and additional communication as necessary.
- Develop letters from templates or drafts, ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Mail distribution.
- Order and maintain materials and supplies.
- Schedule and book meeting rooms as requested.
- Maintain a tidy and organized reception area at all times.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Complete or assist in the completion of funding research and applications as requested.
- Other relevant duties in a back-up capacity.
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook Express.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Operate standard office equipment, including personal computer, photocopier, scanner, and fax machine.
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Maintain accurate records and filing.
- Take direction well and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent verbal, written, and telecommunication skills.
- Prioritizing skills to ensure task/project completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Stz’uminus Cultural Knowledge an asset
- Assist in the delivery of emergency services for the Stz’uminus First Nation community as directed.
- Maintain superb ethics, honesty, and integrity while working in the best interest of the Stz’uminus First Nation.
- Completion of Grade Twelve Diploma or equivalent
- Administrative Assistant / Receptionist Certificate or related setting an asset
- 1-year experience working as an Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
- First Aid Level 1 an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, spreadsheets, databases, and other software.
- Valid BC Drivers’ License and reliable transportation.
- Criminal Record Check
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via Canada Post, e-mail, or fax by the closing date of Friday, October 11, 2019, at 4:00 p.m. to the following:
Attention: Human Resources Advisor
12611-A Trans Canada Highway
Ladysmith, BC V9G 1M5
Please only forward submissions as requested above, phone calls will not be accepted