Stz’uminus First Nation has is seeking to fill the position of On Call Janitors for our On-call List. The On Call Janitor is responsible to fill in for full-time Janitors to perform routine janitorial duties including heavy cleaning duties, cleaning and waxing of floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass and removing rubbish. Duties also include routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalks.
Skills And Experience Requirements:
• Experience operating various cleaning machines
• Knowledge of commercial strength cleaning supplies and equipment
• Effective time management and good organizational skills
• Good communication skills, verbal and written
• Willing to provide authorization for a criminal records check
• Prefer a resident in the Stz’uminus First Nation community and knowledge of local cultural and
• Completion of Grade 12 preferred, or a combination of two years’ experience and education in a related field (Janitorial/maintenance)
• WHMIS certificate
• Ability to follow on-call schedules
• Must have reliable transportation
Application: Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Michel Woolner, Human Resources Advisor
Stz’uminus First Nation
12611A Trans Canada Hwy.
Ladysmith, B.C., V9G 1M5
No phone inquiries please.
Closing date for Applications:
October 10, 2014 at 4:00 pm.
• This position is open to all qualified applicants & only those shortlisted will be notified.